Hunting Season

bohomoto

Can some please post the important dates for dirt bikers in regards to hunting season. I tried to find out myself but the Ontario 2015 Hunting Regulation Summary is just over 100 pages long and filled with codes and and numbers that I don't have time to decrypt.

I don't want to be riding when hunters are hunting.

Oxmach

I'm not a hunter, but from what I understand, depending on game type and method will dictate the actual date.

For example, small game and game birds opens in Sept and use of shotgun is ok. Bear and deer are open for Bow now, but open for rifle in Nov.

Bumped into a couple of hunters a couple of weeks ago on the North side, hunting quail. Also, lots of duck hunting underway.

zedro

Yeah it's the big game rifles we have to worry about, I pretty much assumed November is a write off. I tore a a tummy muscle so I'm not sure I can even ride the rest of this month.....super bummed if November is off limits....weekends a no go at least I would think?

Limerick might be safer since the trails aren't as deep in the woods, even tho hunting is permitted, I wouldnt think it's popular due to the traffic in that area.

RobP

zedro":24enz862 said:
Yeah it's the big game rifles we have to worry about, I pretty much assumed November is a write off. I tore a a tummy muscle so I'm not sure I can even ride the rest of this month.....super bummed if November is off limits....weekends a no go at least I would think?

Limerick might be safer since the trails aren't as deep in the woods, even tho hunting is permitted, I wouldnt think it's popular due to the traffic in that area.

As a courtesy to hunters, who only hunt deer 2 weeks per year, we tend to stay off the trails during the rifle season to promote good relations. I'd suggest this includes the weekend before too.