Hunting Season(s)?

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
When does hunting usually keep us out of Limerick and Calabogie and for how long?

Thanks,
Ross

Bringiton

I think most people only respect the core deer hunting rifle dates: Nov. 6 to Nov. 19

Code:
Hunting 2017 Season:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calabogie North 58: GUN: Nov 6 - Nov 19
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rifles, Shotguns, Bows and Muzzle-loading guns
Nov. 6 to Nov. 19

Bows-Only Seasons – Deer (No Dogs)
Oct. 1 to Nov. 5
Nov. 20 to Dec. 15

Calabogie South 63A:	GUN: Nov 6 - Nov 19 & Dec 4 - Dec 10 (Muzzle Only)
Nov. 6 to Nov. 19

Bows and muzzle-loading guns only; no dogs 
Dec. 4 to Dec. 10

Oct. 1 to Nov. 5
Nov. 20 to Dec. 3
Dec. 11 to Dec. 31

Limerick 66A: GUN: Nov 6 - Nov 19 & Dec 4 - Dec 10 (Muzzle Only)
Nov. 6 to Nov. 19

Bows and muzzle-loading guns only; no dogs 
Dec. 4 to Dec. 10

Oct. 1 to Nov. 5
Nov. 20 to Dec. 3
Dec. 11 to Dec. 31

Ottawa Valley 64B:	GUN: Nov 6 - Nov 19 & Dec 4 - Dec 10 (Shotgun and Muzzle Only)
Nov. 6 to Nov. 19
Dec. 4 to Dec. 10

Oct. 1 to Nov. 5
Nov. 20 to Dec. 3
Dec. 11 to Dec. 31

ktmdirtbiker

I'm fairly sure that you could still ride Limerick as I don't believe that hunting is allowed in that Forest!
Hope someone else can verify this?
Tom in Brockville

Aube

As far as I know it is still permitted in Limerick, Larose as well. We generally stay out of all areas during the two week rifle season.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
tjcool":owklctu9 said:
well, if you do ride wear LOTS and LOTS of ORANGE!

I don't know but suspect not riding is a forked decision. One for safety of one's self as well as respect for the hunters.

tjcool

i have absolutely no respect for people who murder innocent unsuspecting harmless animals.....it's a coward's pastime...

Jessie

tjcool":3scvlb6h said:
i have absolutely no respect for people who murder innocent unsuspecting harmless animals.....it's a coward's pastime...

Terry,
I believe that respecting the choice of others in whatever sport they choose to participate like hunting does help BMA 1 to be respected and open doors for the club. Respecting the choice of others even if someone does not agree with their choice of sport is a sign of respect in my humble opinion. My personal choice is to not ride in the hunting season as BMA 1 club members have suggested in the past.
Democracy does allow everyone to their own opinion but an open mind does open more doors.
Hunters are allowed to their sport and respecting that will help us being respected the same way we respect others.
Who does not eat meat...just a few...so hunting does the same thing and bring meat to the table...
I am sure that some people do not understand and do not agree with us riding motorcycle in the woods...but our friendly and respectful attitude does support our sport.
Showing understanding will help us promote our sport!
No matter what, you are allowed to your opinion and although I do not agree with your opinion, I respect your choice.
Cheers
Jessie

ktmdirtbiker

Jessie, Well stated!...that's why I don't ride during their sport season...

Terry.... I used to hunt white-tail deer, mule deer, moose & small game until about 25 years ago, but don't anymore....
I lost the 'fun-enjoyment' factor in hunting.

Every day that I was at work, for over 35 years, I had to be mentally prepared to shoot someone to protect society should that person attempt to escape.

I hope that same loss of the hunting 'fun-enjoyment' doesn't happen with my offroad and dual sport riding!
Tom in Brockville

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
FYI South side loaded with hunters today, they were everywhere...gun moose week, runs from sat, yesterday until friday the 28th. They confirmed nothing with guns the following week until deer hunting starts on the 6th.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Was that Limerick or Calabogie?

I was riding Calabogie South on Saturday and saw about 6 guys, 3 groups of 2, with guns on 4 wheelers. They all looked like shotguns. One guy asked if we saw any birds.

stephlal":k98sp6bc said:
FYI South side loaded with hunters today, they were everywhere...gun moose week, runs from sat, yesterday until friday the 28th. They confirmed nothing with guns the following week until deer hunting starts on the 6th.