Hi

chilibizkit

Hi

New to this site. Just saying hello.

Out in Napanee. Just finished tinkering with my new to me 06 DR650.

Not much into the single track (yet) but like to get out on the pavement/gravel/dirt roads.

Hoping to be able to find others to get out and ride this summer.

Jeff

chilibizkit

From my experience so far and talking to others it seems like most go north of Hwy 7.

I'm pretty much a road guy right now and if I am heading out I tend to go that way as well.

Napanee and area is pretty much flat / straight and privately owned.

I think most my way head to Ganaraska.

msnider

hi chili there are a few of us in the kingston area that ride most weekends,both locally early in the season and to the north later as it warms up.i cross post most rides on the odsc and adv sites as well as here.hope to see you out there on the trails.

Cellar Rat

One of the best dual-sport rides I ever participated in -- with about 200+ other people -- started just up the road from Napanee in Trenton at the BMW MOA rally in 2002. Many of us were more than surprised and very pleased at the route (set up IIRC by Steve Brooke among others) which involved everything from paved highway through abandoned railway to some very, very long water crossings. Personally I was very lucky as my group was led by Warren Thaxter; using the Michigan trail ride system (leader and sweeper never change, #2 waits and indicates each turn until sweeper seen); the pace was excellent, nobody got lost, nobody got left behind, nobody drowned and I got to drain my boots at the gas stop. But to look at contour lines on a map, you'd think there was hardly any elevation change for much of the terrain covered.

scott1

Hi David, would you have more details of that trip in 2002? or anything you could share about the exact route that was taken, how long it took to complete?

Thanks,
Scott.

chilibizkit

I'm not to familiar with the area north of Trenton other than cutting across to go further west.

There are quite a few fun roads down around Picton. Think the BMW riders were down that way quite a bit for the rally.