Headligth for KTM 150 SX ?

Hi,

I have a 2014 KTM 150sx that I would like to put an headlight on it or something similar. The bike does not have starter or battery, only standard ignition rotor/stator. I heard different idea in the past, some says you can get the stator rewinded and add normal headlight, other suggested only a stand alone battery with LED headlight, I have also seen some ride with quite powerful helmet light. But other then the helmet light, I never seen it or have it explain to me with sufficient details to get it done.

Anybody have done something like this or would recommend something ?, if possible something cheaper then swapping the whole bike !

Also, is there any provincial rules in Ontario with requirements for off-road vehicle headlight if riding public lands ?

Thanks

Simon

zedro

No headlight rules for off-road in Ontario, thats a Quebec requirement.

Check out KTMtalk.com, but otherwise the stator and wiring harness from the 200 xcw would be required (that harness is the same across alot of models, check the parts fiches). This is for an AC light system, having a DC system requires more work.

rackatttack

Like Zedro has said to put lights on the sx150 you will need to change the stator, I suggest the one from the xc model of the same year which has lighting capability and can be used with the stock flywheel. you will need to get the harness and regulator from the same bike too. also should you wish for a more off road capable motorthe flywheel is a good addition, again from the xc of the same year