DS semiaggressive day ride 17 May 2018

Dwight

Hello all. I am heading up to Ompah on thurs 17, followed by a loop in the woods to hit the snowmobile trail NW on the SW side of Norcan Lake, to the Hydroline. Possilby run SW on the hydroline then s to Plevna and home or poss loop to Calabogie and home. Ride is everything from curvy pavement to some pretty gnarly passages, although focus is on reasonable trails as it is early. I am on KLR650, and will not be pressing to my full limit....it being so early in the year and all. Let me know if you are interested and I will sort out a meeting place. Dwight

Bond007

Hey Dwight,

What exactly is your definition of semi-aggressive? I am a novice off-road rider (but experienced street rider) with a DRZ-400S. I had a hard time this past weekend on some of the muddy single-track trails in Calabogie, but had fun on most of the double-track trails. I was thinking I might need to put in a few more hours either at Limerick or Larose before tackling 'semi-aggressive' rides.

Thanks,
Francois
DRZ-400S

Dwight

No single track. Lots of old jeep track, some climbs where the small stuff has washed down the jeep tracks and so it is a bit rough/rocky. Won't be doing the mud/slippery roots stuff, although it is May so there will be places that we will be getting dirty. You will be fine on a drz, if you are interested.

Dwight

Bond007

Thanks Dwight. Sounds like fun. I'm interested, but I won't be able to do this Thursday. Weekdays are difficult to get away, but let me know for the next time. I'm sure I'll be able to meet up with you eventually.

Francois

Dwight

Okay. Keep your eye on the board. Block off the weekend in Sep for the Calabogie Boogie....there is a spectrum of dual sport ride options offered and you will definitely meet new folks and have some great riding.

Dwight