DS Bike Choice Advice

oxygenrace

I am looking at getting a DS. I have a 2001 wr250f and a 75 bmw r90/6. I am looking to get something that can do some longer day trips but also play in some tame parts of calabogie, limerick, etc. I am looking for advice on what bike would be good. I also want to commute to work with the bike. I am a stonemason so I want to be able to carry maybe 50-75lb of tools in hard cases. Realistically, I would drive most of the time on the road. I have friends that ride sport tour bikes that i would like to go out with but have other friends with ds bikes and would like to go with them too.

drz400s?
ktm690?
klr650?

leander

And if you have long legs....XR650l :lol:

Apparently Twisted throttle now makes a solid rack with subframe supports for cases that can hold a significant load etc.

msnider

ktm 950 super enduro...imagine the lunacy.xr 650 l is a good choice as well as far as being tall having a bike lowered is too easy.

Tim Taylor

I am late to the party but...KTM 690, Husky TE630, or maybe even a KLR 650. KTM if you have the money. Husky if you want new and have a more modest budget, or KLR if you want something indestructible and cheap to buy new or used. Since you would like to do some road work, I would suggest a larger bike.