DAVID KNIGHT WINS VALLEYS XTREME

Skyllz

That's one guy I really like to watch riding, since he's as tall as I am it'S nice to see how he does it, positions himself on the bike, or just say fuck it and plows through while others are trying to "finesse" their way :lol:

bohomoto

And notice that he doesn't use bar risers! and his bar has a very low rise! (Thanks Dave Wrack for pointing this out at the BMA rider training last season.)

[Side rant from the BMA Director of Rider Training]:

For you tall riders out there: Start trying to wean yourself off the bar riser!

And if a low bar causes lower back pain (or knee pain, or shoulder pain, or upper back pain, etc.), then you need to get into the gym to mobilize your hips. Hip-hinging is non-optional for dirt bikers (that don't want to experience injuries).

And if you can't do it off the bike, there is no way you can do it on the bike. So here's a test you can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwN_nXKVXXI

IF you can't pass this test, then you need to fix it before dirt bike season starts again. Feel free to contact me for advice.

zedro

Tried the hip hinge thing, reminds me I've been slacking on my leg stretches. It feels like my hams and calves are going to tear off :shock:

bohomoto

Three days after buying my first off-road bike, I sprained my back. I was 2 month doing physio, unable to do anything but stare at my shiny new orange beauty. It was totally demoralizing. I never, never, never want to feel that way again.

If I can ride half as well as "Old Paul" when I'm his age, I'll be a happy man. That is my goal. Most injuries for trail riders are not caused by accidents but just from riding - sprains, tears, cramps, etc. The writing is on the wall. The "winner" of this sport is the person who rides the longest, and the only way is to perform regular bodily maintenance. I can't get motivated to just "stretch" by myself and I'm not sure that stretching alone would be enough.

I joined a gym that prioritizes "prehabilitation" (i.e. injury prevention). Most Yoga studios would also work but, again, I'm not overly motivated by Yoga. When I started, I was going to the gym 3 times per week for a total of three hours. I twas tough at first but it became easier. Eventually, I began to enjoy it so much that I started going more often. Now I'm going 5 times per week. I love it! Its the best hour of my day.

JPultz

zedro":16hlfoqa said:
We need more water fall trails. Or at least one.

I vote for NO waterfall trails in the bogie. And I think the guy at the 4:05 make would agree with me! :D :D lol
Cool video for sure!!