Calibogie hunting season

steph

Hi everyone!
Since I am a nature lover, lol can someone indicate in layman's term to when we need to stay out of North side/Guansey,Hells acres during hunting season. Today heard lots of bang bang beside pit, guessing they were getting sights adjusted??!!

Tx

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

cr250

TL:DR There were tons of hunters out and about yesterday. Kept bumping into them.

On my solo jaunt yesterday, I was coming down Chatham Rd. looking for the "mud run" section of trail that leads back towards the Flower Station area. I think I found it, but now it had a gate (opened yesterday) and was no longer mud. It's used by the snowmobilers in winter and seems to have been tamed by bulldozers and lots of fill.

Ripping down this trail I come sneaking up behind two ATV's with hunters and they were tracking something that had gone down the trail. Eventually the 2nd ATV sees me and tries to let me go by. Instead I stop and ask him where this trail leads to. He says it's private and they normally don't let anybody use it, but they were hunting today. They both had gun racks on the front of their machines. I apologize profusely to him and tell him I will turn around and go back to Chatham Rd. and continue looking for my trail (???). He was very polite and didn't seem to care that much and wished me well.

Took Chatham Rd. all the way to Folger Rd. and then down to the K&P crossover area by Joe's lake Hydro line. Didn't want to ride K&P, so backed up a few hundred meters to take an old trail I hadn't been on in years. Came across 2 more ATV's with hunters way ahead of me on the trail. They never saw me, so I hung back and let them plod along for a few minutes. Eventually continued down trail towards 20 minute workout area and eventually got back to the K&P. Took K&P to Hi-Lo trail, and then back on K&P to Flower Station. From there I got on Stoney Lonesome and worked my way back towards High Falls. Saw even more hunters (5???) coming down Flower Station Rd. They must have come off of Bompas.

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
Everything left and right of the K&P is private land with very few exceptions.
Mini pine, Mud run, trickie dicky, bompas, stoney lonesome, 3 floods just to name a few, all go through private land.
Expect gate closures everywhere, it's that time of the year when we stay out starting this weekend.

Check out MNRF site - anything grey is private land.
Zoom to calabogie lake, and find K&P - gives you a quick idea of how much private land is out in our riding area.
http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca ... cale=en-US