Calabogie single track guide needed July 15-17

Terry

Staff member
Hi, This PM just landed in my inbox from ADV:

Hey my name is Jeff. I saw your old posts about Calabogie trail riding. My brother Ken and I both ride wr250r and live in Connecticut, USA. We are planning on riding up to Canada to off-road from 7/15 to 7/17. We have a friend we are staying with in Ottawa. We like to ride tight technical single track. I was hoping you might be able to hook us up with a guide while we are up there. We want to ride all day and go as hard as possible.
Thanks,
Jeff

If anyone here is interested in acting as a guide for Jeff and Ken please let me know and I'll figure out how to connect you to them.

kuttula

Hey, this is Jeff himself! Thanks Terry for helping me find this forum. To be more specific about my plans we will be heading up on the 15th and staying with a friend in Ottawa. We plan on riding Calabogie on the 16th and 17th. We want to spend as much time riding the hardest trails we can find. If anyone is available to ride with us to help us with navigation it would be very appreciated. Beers will be on us. :mrgreen: This isn't my first adventure either, I road from CT to Colorado and back a few years ago on a DR350. Also you can check out my you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jkuttula to help gauge what might be appropriate for us.

pat74

The Date just don't work for me, but this sounds like a Deliverance ride.
I would say if you can make it through Garnsey back and forth on day one you could go south side and have a Deliverance on day 2. Only a few guys made it through Deliverance...
Will ping you again when we get closer to that date. It's a racing weekend and it turns out to be a race far from home.
I don't think I can lead you that weekend, but things can change.

zedro

I might be able to help (sorry Pat, won't be racing that weekend) if a more competent guide is not available on one of those dates.

kuttula

Awesome, thanks guys! The more the merrier. I figure we can nail down exact places and times to meet when the date gets closer.

kuttula

Hey, we are packing and prepping the bikes. We will be leaving early morning on Friday and are looking forward to riding Sat and Sun! We are running fresh d606s and tubliss. Zedro and Hamburgler my cell is 203 731 0277. Let's figure out when and where we all should meet Sat morning. Do you have a preferred spot? Perhaps with a good breakfast.

zedro

Luckily we park and ride right where we eat at the Highlands Golf Course for the south side, park near the clubhouse on the grass under the trees (see Google map pin). Breakfast at 8:30, gear up at 9:00. Ride distance 60-100 km. See ya there!

Dropped pin

https://goo.gl/maps/cCwa3jpijA82

Casper

Hi. Created an account so I could say thanks to Mark for the ride today after I had to bail on the gnarly stuff. North side climb definitely pushed me beyond my skill level. Enjoyed the tour back, Mark!

All in all, appreciated the ride with you guys and the help along the way. Hope to keep up at some point.

/guy on the yz250f

kuttula

Hey, Thanks to all of you guys who guided us through Calabogie! We had a great time and hopefully we will get to see you all again in the future. To answer Pat74, I have a lot of experience with the D606, it worked excellently with the Tubliss system. We would air down to 5 PSI for dirt and run stock 18 PSI for street. We did 1200 street miles and maybe 200 dirt miles on this trip and the lugs are barely 1/2 way worn down. I will probably use this tire for another month before replacing.

mlevesqu

Casper, you are welcome. We covered most of the North side trails minus the gnarly. Glad you had a good ride back.

Marc