Calabogie Boogie D-S help needed!

Terry

Staff member
Hi all,
Work is just about complete for this year's D-S Boogie. Now the fun begins! First off, let me explain the format for 2011.

The Calabogie Boogie has 3 sessions, 1-Sat AM, 2=Sat PM and 3=Sunday. For each session the D-S riders will select "Scenic Tour" or "Adventure Tour", defined as follows:

1) Scenic Tours
These routes take you through picturesque farm lands in the highlands where the dirt and paved roads are seldom straight. Scenic tours are ideal for riders who want to stop and take a few pictures along the way. Since these routes are also appealing to some of the faster riders on big bikes, we have added extension options to the Scenic tours to keep the fun from ending too soon.

2) Adventure Tours
For more aggressive Dual Sport riders who prefer to concentrate on the ground in front of them rather than the scenery around them, we recommend the Adventure Tours. These routes share much of the twisty, fun paved and dirt roads with the Scenic Tours but have some power line and ATV trails thrown in to make it just a bit more challenging.

We will have printed maps and GPS files representing all 6 ride sessions available at the sign-in tent. Paying participants are free to come back to ride the alternate tours at a later date so we will just load everything on their GPS. We will also upload way-points for key locations such as scenic lookouts & gas stops.

We need some help getting out there to pre-ride the Adventure Tour stuff we're specifically looking for fallen trees or very deep water that could require changes to be made at the last minute. I just rode Sat PM Adventure tour, and it was a blast! So Sat AM and Sunday rides still need to be pre-ridden.

We also need help with event day sweeping. We need both Scenic and Adventure sweepers that can help anyone along the way with mechanical, navigational, or medical assistance. Sweepers will ride in pairs. A team of 6 riders will cover all of the D-S ride options. (As a bonus we have no arrows to pull and D-S riders are fairly self sufficient so it's rare that you will actually have to do anything but ride. )

Please email me now at t_d_y@rogers.com if you are interested in either D-S pre-riding or sweeping, and I'll put you on my list and get back to you with the necessary information.
Cheers,
Terry