BOOGIE (NORTHSIDE) ROCK CONCERT HELP NEEDED- SUNDAY AUGUST 28,2022

Tom in Brockville

Hello BMA Members, Did I get your attention for the Rock Concert?
YES, I need some help for the music of me huffing and puffing in moving rocks, NORTHSIDE MAIN ORANGE LOOP.
There's a few locations that need rocks & face slappers removed.
Honestly Folks, I can't and won't go out alone so PLEASE COME HELP ME!
It's only 2 weeks from the Boogie.
Meet at the North Pit (off #508 west of the Ski Hill) and be ready to ride for 10a.m. THIS SUNDAY-AUGUST 28TH.
Woody and the Northside Gang (including me) were out in the rain this past Sunday and alot of the hanging trees are gone off the main loop.

Tom in Brockville

Hi Doug, I do not anticipate much cutting or any need for a chainsaw this trip. (we'll see for next weekend) It's mostly just moving rocks off the Northside Orange trails... Spots include Wabun Mountain, going up the hill from the Hydro Line towards the beginning of Toms Trail, The hill at the end of Toms Trail close by where the Deer Blind chair is, the hill between the end of Tom's Trail heading towards Roddens Route.
I spoke to Woody today, he's unavailable to help. He suggested locations for the placement of Orange Arrows, we can bring some with us.
I really hope that other BMA Members will come help you and I. It's only 2 weeks away for the BOOGIE.

Robw

I will come and help out tomorrow. It will be good therapy kicking some of those rocks into the bush 😀

Tom in Brockville

I'll be there Tom. With my loppers. Are chainsaws needed?
Doug, thanks so much for your guidance and help today.
This year's Northside Orange Boogie is going to be VERY difficult for the Average rider!

I'm hoping for additional help next weekend to clear the Hydro Line single track FROM near the Garnsey heading towards Bernies Loop!

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Doug, thanks so much for your guidance and help today.
This year's Northside Orange Boogie is going to be VERY difficult for the Average rider!

I'm hoping for additional help next weekend to clear the Hydro Line single track FROM near the Garnsey heading towards Bernies Loop!
I thought the orange was similar to previous years but just opposite direction. Am I wrong? Is it trail debris which is going to make it so much harder?

Tom in Brockville

I thought the orange was similar to previous years but just opposite direction. Am I wrong? Is it trail debris which is going to make it so much harder?
Yes, it's basically backwards from the last Boogie Northside. BUT we used to alternate the direction every year... JUST that the trails have become more difficult ( ORANGE level) with rocks on the trails, those 2 trees down across the trail by the metal bridge behind Wabun Lookout, the higher water levels in the Mud holes which have become deeper as well over the past 3 years. Counterclockwise has always been the more difficult direction!