Bancroft and Laurentide riding, someday Moab

acecadillac

Hello my name is Adam and yes I love to ride. I have a trailer at Bancroft Campground and a cottage in Montpellier. So I use this two locations as riding destinations and as a trail head. There are so many awesome routes to these locations I want to share and learn from others.

I often go alone to these locations and explore new routes along the way. There are more technical routes that I would like to explore, but It would be better to be with someone. Once in Bancroft, then I hook up with various people from the park and explore about a 200km radius of that area including routes to Algonquin park.

My last ride there was winging through Flowerstation Road to the hydro lines and I popped out in Ompha, then to Bancroft. It was getting a little challenging with the KLR with the big mud holes, but I got through.

It seems every type of riding from Calabogie to Bancroft is awesome. Whether it be trail, gravel roads or even ashfault, there is just so many hills and corners.

Obviously I consider individual's riding experience on the routes I take, so don't worry about that.

If this interests you, don't be shy. In the end, I hope to meet people to do some epic rides like BC, Moab Utah or where ever there is good riding.

Cheers and may your rides be awesome.

Adam

Terry

Staff member
Thanks for the invite Adam. Be sure to post here again each time you have a specific date in mind for one of these rides.

acecadillac

I will be doing some riding in Montpellier/ Papineau Labelle park this weekend. No exact plans as of yet. I plan to organize a ride in the near future and will post here. If you are interested in riding this weekend, we can organize something. What kind of bike and riding do you like?

Cheers

Adam

OttawaGarage

Hi there, my name is Andre and I would like to ride along with you guys. Although I am of the "slow" type, and speed on the trails is not for me. I ride a DRZ400S, it is an old work horse. Does the K&P trail passes through Bancroft? I wonder to ride the K&P as much South as possible, down to Kingston. What do you think?

acecadillac

OttawaGarage":3gj4ca4a said:
Hi there, my name is Andre and I would like to ride along with you guys. Although I am of the "slow" type, and speed on the trails is not for me. I ride a DRZ400S, it is an old work horse. Does the K&P trail passes through Bancroft? I wonder to ride the K&P as much South as possible, down to Kingston. What do you think?

HI Andre,

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy riding. lol

It is the Hastings Heritage trail that runs from Belleville through Bancroft to Lake St Peter. Then from there, we switch to a snowmobile trail to Whitney, the east gate of Algonquin Park. Though that snowmobile trail is somewhat technical with steep hills and large loose rocks. From there, there is a rail bed that goes to and past Barrys bay. There is also a Hydro line from Whitney that has several trails eventually leading to Madawaska. I could go on and on. lol. K & P is beautiful, but I tend to jump off on the snowmobile trails through Calabogie and Ompha. That is where I have had some close calls by myself. Probably not good for less experienced riders. Cheers

tenny80

acecadillac":2x4r2n55 said:
OttawaGarage":2x4r2n55 said:

HI Andre,

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy riding. lol

It is the Hastings Heritage trail that runs from Belleville through Bancroft to Lake St Peter. Then from there, we switch to a snowmobile trail to Whitney, the east gate of Algonquin Park. Though that snowmobile trail is somewhat technical with steep hills and large loose rocks. From there, there is a rail bed that goes to and past Barrys bay. There is also a Hydro line from Whitney that has several trails eventually leading to Madawaska. I could go on and on. lol. K & P is beautiful, but I tend to jump off on the snowmobile trails through Calabogie and Ompha. That is where I have had some close calls by myself. Probably not good for less experienced riders. Cheers

Sounds like my kind of ride! I am located in Kingston and had planned on spending a few weekends at the campground (love it there).

Do you happen to know if there is a route across to 41? possibly hunt rd? it's my first year riding dual sport so I am looking to find some trails.