Anyone have the new Truxedo Pro X15?

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
I'm in the market for a soft roll up cover that will fit 2 bikes in a 6.5ft box with the tailgate closed.
The Lo Pro QT works for this setup and has been confirmed by a lot of riders / reviews online.
I'm interested in the new Pro X15 cover by Truxedo that recently came out but doesn't have a a lot of reviews yet.
I visited Action today and they had it on display, the front bracket that goes in the front of the box that spans to the two side rails definitely stick's out more by at least 1 to 1.5"compared to the Lo Pro QT, which means I might not be able to fit 2 bikes with the tailgate closed.

Since I can't return a tonneau cover, I'm looking for someone that has the Pro X15 on a 6.5' box. I'll drive down with my bike to see if it would fit with this cover, please please please and thank you!

Hi Steph!
I use the xtang trfiecta for my Tacoma. Purchased it used for $150. Keeps the snow load out the of box in the winter, bags dry on all trips (Has 3 support cross members). I remove it in the summer. It is light and easy to remove and replace. No complaints with their product. No lock system but my tail gate has no lock either. I have owned it for 6 years. With it removed I have no issues or worries about loading the bike. If I have it on and need it gone in a jam it fits across the back seat of the truck to free up the bed space. ON/OFF 5 mins. I have found that the hard covers are too heavy.

You going with the 8 or 12 inch suspension lift? 42" Mickey Thompsons or Dick Cepac Tires? Cherry bombs coupled with the flowmaster system for sure and the shorty side dump exhaust, right! I have two tennis balls and an old beige nylon sock to hang from your trailer hitch for ya! Let me know if you need assistance installing your long range cb antenna!

and yes... my wife knows I drive a her truck!

C

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
I really want something that I can keep on the box.
I like the idea of leaving all our shit in the box and just rolling down the cover while we are out riding.
Same idea with pulling a camper, have 2 bikes, tailgate closed and the cover just rolled up by the window.
I know I'm being a princess, but want something I can leave on, really not fond of the idea of taking the damn thing off anytime I haul bikes.

Nahh, you only need to get me one thing, the borla atak exchaust system, that's all I want for Christmas :)

Borla it is! And, thank you for obliging me! Check the mail box as it is on order. I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your new cover!
c
;)

jbreedon

Hey Steph, I have the TruXport and it rolls up out of the way no problem. It looks like it sits a little higher on the box than the ProX15 though. It might be closer to the LoPro. How far up does the tire hit on your box? you could measure it and see how much clearance you have. Ryan might have to get a big wheel bike for it to work though.

Jeff

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
I have 2.5" from the box to the front tire, the bracket has to be <2" and no more then 1" thick or it won't fit since I only have 1/2" clearance behind my back tire to the gate.
So if this one doesn't have a bracket like the low profile ones, it might just do as you say since it just sits on top, i'll try to find a store that has it on display, thanks!

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
I went with the truxport, not the low profile I was looking for, but all the space for the bikes and functionality I was looking for, working out great. Thanks!