A new home for the Forums!

jclark

Administrator
Staff member
After many years, it was time to retire the old forum software. The software we were using was about 10 years old, and therefore had quite a few security problems as well as it was lacking things like spam prevention and other more modern features. We imported all the old data, including your existing credentials.

If you encounter any issues, please let us know by private messaging me.

Cheers!

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
FYI - Forum subscriptions were reset with the migration. If you want to receive notifications of new posts / threads going forward, click the Watch button for Forums you'd like to follow.

e.g.: click on Rides Board, click the Watch button in the top right corner, select your notification preferences, done

jclark

Administrator
Staff member
The new forum looks great, nice modernization.

Did some/all image attachments get lost during migration? I just noticed this old post which no longer has the original image. Checked a couple of other old posts and also no images. https://forums.bma1.ca/index.php?threads/is-a-tenere-welcome-at-area-31.3551/
Some may not have made it, we used the import tool that the forum software has to bring in the old forums. Unfortunately, the old forum software was almost 10 years old, so not everything comes across in the import.

Gord

Is image size still restricted to max dimension 1000 pixels? I understand why this was needed when forum was hosted on a 1990's PC in Doug M.'s basement, but this is 2021 :).

too big.jpg