2017 Weekly Trials Practice

Terry

Staff member
Weekly Trials practice is on again this year and once again its an official BMA sanctioned event for insurance purposes. There is no fee for this ride but some volunteer hours for maintenance and improvements are expected. This year the ride is on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 PM to dusk with Eric Brackenbury as the event coordinator. I have been working with Eric to expand the trials park to safely accommodate more riders and add a few more interesting rocks as well this spring. Postings to this thread are welcome to coordinate who is coming out to ride or work on any given Wednesday but ultimately it will be Eric's emails to his growing list of BMA trials rider that will dictate if the event is a go or not each week.

Much of the poison parsnips has survived from last year but trimming it is well at hand now and hopefully it will all be gone next year since it only lives a few years and propagates only by seed. Thanks for all the hours the riders have put into creating this trials park

Terry

Staff member
The rocks are dry, just hop your bike from rock to rock on the rear wheel... :D

I should have mentioned that BMA trials riders riding this event at my place are very welcome to bring family members out to watch or to ride around the nearby trails, supervision of kids is your responsibility. Bring lawn chairs and bug spray if you like.

Terry

Staff member
I would like to invite all the trials riders to ride on my Trials and Trails Ride-Days usually held on Saturdays. Details and dates here http://bma1.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2675 This is not the same thing as the BMA Trials Practice sessions discussed here in this topic (thread), for one thing I'll be there riding the trails and loaning out trail bikes, for another BMA membership is not required. Use my Trials and Trails Ride days to play in the trials area, ride the trails, or to teach someone how to ride a motorcycle on the lawn.
Cheers,

Terry

Staff member
Just a reminder to subscribe to this topic if you want to stay up to date. That way you will receive an email containing a link to the topic every-time someone posts to it.

The blue bar at the bottom of your screen has the words "Board Index" and just to the right of that it must say "Unsubscribe" with an X, if it says "Subscribe" with a check-mark then you need to press that button. [It's not stating your currently status, it is offering to subscribe you]

Hi Folks

Due to the weather I have moved this weeks practice to Saturday 3pm till 6pm

I do hope this Summer ( when we get one) will not continue this way and we can stick with Wednesday evenings !

We may be only able to do maintenance but lets keep our fingers crossed it dries out enough to ride

There will be ongoing maintenance and any help with that is much appreciated :)

See you Saturday then

So Saturday afternoon worked out fine for weather and turnout 8)
Lets hope A return to regular Wednesday evenings will get Sunshine and dry weather.

Hi Folks

Wednesday will at least be dry from above, what the terrain will be like moisture wise is anyone's guess.

We will ride from 6pm till dusk :)

Maintenance is ongoing but if we ALL pitch in a little it will be no more than 15 to 30 minutes if you can manage that. I shall arrive early around 5pm to get that started but I want riding to start no later than 6pm so whatever we are doing by then its STOP and get the bikes out time.

See you all Wednesday evening then

Eric
PS:
Bug Juice and sunscreen

Hi Folks

Wednesday will at least be dry from above, what the terrain will be like moisture wise is anyone's guess, I am hoping dryer than last week.

We will ride from 6pm till dusk :)

Maintenance is ongoing but if we ALL pitch in a little it will be no more than 15 to 30 minutes if you can manage that. I shall arrive early around 5pm to get that started but I want riding to start no later than 6pm so whatever we are doing by then its STOP and get the bikes out time.

PLEASE let me know if you 'are' coming :)

See you all Wednesday evening then

Eric

PS:
There will be no practice Wednesday the 21st June, I am not available

Hi Folks

Well its hard to predict the weather isnt it !
I am going to show up for 6pm riding as I suspect it will either be wet or dry enough to ride.

Let me know if you're going please.
Although if no one shows by 7pm I will get off home.

emails by 4pm Wednesday afternoon please
Eric

Hi Folks
If anyone wants to ride Saturday at 3pm please let me know  it may be dry enough then.

I am not going Wednesday again as the ground is so wet and I cannot see me getting weed wacking done in time.

Sorry about this but can you all please shout into the wind NO MORE RAIN till we need it, and we sure don't need it for some time!!

Eric

FJ11

Hi Eric & Terry,

Are people gathering tomorrow evening July 19?
I've never been to Terry's before. Can you send me directions?
Do just bring my bike and riding gear?

Thanks Mark

Terry

Staff member
FJ11":1anmhczg said:
Hi Eric & Terry,

Are people gathering tomorrow evening July 19?
I've never been to Terry's before. Can you send me directions?
Do just bring my bike and riding gear?

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,
I'll PM you the address.

The Wednesday evening event is trials riding practice on some rocks and Eric is in charge this year. bring your trials bike or whatever you intend to play on the rocks with.

If it's trail riding your interested in then you would be better to join us on my event Saturday viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2675
Cheers,