2016 YZ250X

JPultz

Anyone ride a new yz250x?? I just bought one last week for next years season. I also got a Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 for it in the deal. The ride reviews on Thumpertalk have been very positive. Light, fast, smooth, and amazing suspension are all mentioned quite a bit. I'm pumped to get back into shape this winter and rip it up next summer!! Gonna be a long winter!! :cry: :cry:

zedro

Sweet, the only problem with them is you have to let anyone who asks try it out (its there in the manual I swear!).

Skyllz

zedro":t98xmv97 said:
Sweet, the only problem with them is you have to let anyone who asks try it out (its there in the manual I swear!).

Pretty much.

It's one of those bike I have yet to find a really negative review on various forums. Some people dont like it because they prefer something else but still say it's an awesome bike with lots of positive stuff about it.

If Yammy made a 350X... I would be very tempted. I feel a 250 is slightly underpowered for my 250+lbs to haul around.

zedro

Hes got the 2 stroke, you must be thinking of the 250FX model.
One complaint about the yammies tho is small gas tanks, not sure if there are aftermarket ones available yet.

Skyllz

JPultz

zedro":38qs6ym6 said:
Hes got the 2 stroke, you must be thinking of the 250FX model.
One complaint about the yammies tho is small gas tanks, not sure if there are aftermarket ones available yet.

I'm also a little concerned about the tank size. It's an 8L tank and i'll probably carry an additional 2L in my pack so I'll only be a liter shy of what my KTM had and I never ran out with it. I'm going to try it before getting a larger tank just to see how the mileage is. Lots of aftermarket goodies available for this bike already because it's so close to the standard YZ250.

JPultz

The only difference I can see is the WR has a headlight and the older AOS forks. The YZ250x has the newer SSS (Speed Sensitive System) forks.

Skyllz

JPultz":3ry4dt80 said:
The only difference I can see is the WR has a headlight and the older AOS forks. The YZ250x has the newer SSS (Speed Sensitive System) forks.

Wider ratio gearbox VS YZ250X also.

I see it more as a XC VS XCW to speak in KTM terms. More suited for trails riding VS hare-scrambles/GNCC.