Moving questions for those in ON or QC.

sleepr

Hi all, thanks for the answers to my previous question. We have widened our search area a bit and are also considering QC.

I have some questions for those who live in Quebec or Ontario. Currently looking to move to an area 1hr-1.5hr driving time to Ottawa. Would like to know which is the better insurance and overall situation for motorcyclists. I have a KDX 220r and 00 ZX12R I purchased new. I know the 12R is on Quebec's blacklist. I have many merits and hit 50 years young recently. I am coming from Manitoba where we have public insurance so a pretty different environment. General comments on the situation on the ground there would be very much appreciated. Which side of the Ottawa river is best from a motorcyclists point of view?

Starting our house hunt in earnest mid February, looking forward to seeing what the riding out east is really like, I only have a few bike trips through and Parry Sound Sportbike rally for reference.

Thanks

kolby198

Hey,

Don't know if its too late but here's my take on the matter. I was born in Ottawa but now live in Quebec. Vehicle wise I find your better off in Quebec. We do pay more overall for vehicle registration but most of that cost goes into public insurance. This means private insurance companies can charge much less. Costs also don't fluctuate that much since vehicle registration is a fixed price for everyone.

I've got family that ride in Ontario and they pay about 20% more to ride their bike than I would for the same bike in Quebec.

The downside with Quebec is there is a lot of bureaucracy. Its not an issue once you get to know how to work with it but it can be a pain at first.